Invisalign Orthodontics: Going Wireless!
Invisalign orthodontics uses clear, nearly invisible plastic aligners to gently move teeth into the desired position. This innovative technology affords great results without the inconvenience and discomfort associated with traditional wire and bracket “train tracks” braces. Dr. Ozanic was one of the first dentists in Canada to become certified and offer invisalign in 2005. He has been designated an invisalign Preferred Provider annually since 2010.
Invisalign can improve your smile if you have:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Unsightly spaces
- Overbite (“buck teeth”)
- Rotated and/or tipped teeth
- Gaps due to missing teeth
- Relapse following un-retained orthodontics
Why choose invisalign over traditional bracket and wire braces?
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will know you are wearing them.
- The smooth, clear plastic is comfortable and gentle on your lips
- Invisalign aligners are removable. Brush and floss your teeth as usual
- Eat whatever you like, with comfort.
- Since invisalign technology uses 3D cad-cam technology to plan to your treatment, you will know before you start treatment what kind of results to expect. See an animation of your new smile before you even start!
Invisalign aligners are produced in a laboratory. A thorough dental examination, followed by detailed dental impressions and models, x-rays and photographs of your teeth are required in order to plan your treatment.
3-D technology is used to scan your records to produce your custom treatment plan.
An animated interactive video is produced which shows you what your new smile will look like at the end of your treatment. This interactive video gives us a very accurate projection of how long your invisalign treatment will take. See the smile you’ve always wanted before you even begin treatment!
The same computer technology is used to produce your custom aligners with intricate precision. These aligners are worn 22 hours per day. Remove them to eat, brush and floss.
Treatment duration varies, ranging from about 6 to 18 months. During your invisalign treatment you will visit our team about every 6-8 weeks.
As with wire and bracket orthodontics, invisalign treatment is followed by retention.
To view a published article about invisalign by Dr. Ozanic, click here.